The Egyptian Society for Adolescent Medicine (ESAM) has been established in the year 2014 as a non-profit non-governmental organization. It is registered with the Egyptian Ministry of Social Solidarity under number 9617 on 24 July 2014.
ESAM is a medical multidisciplinary society comprising physicians and nurses from Egypt specialized in all health care disciplines related to adolescent health and well-being.
The Society is committed to improving the physical, mental and social health and well-being of the large and increasing numbers of Egyptian adolescents so as to develop and realize their potential.
- Promoting the introduction of Adolescent Medicine as a well-needed subspecialty in the medical and nursing schools in Egypt.
- Professional capacity building for health workers in the provision of holistic medical care to adolescents.
- Support establishing adolescent-friendly health care centers that respond to the adolescent health needs and provide them with quality comprehensive service.
- Advocating for and researching into adolescent health needs and service provisions.
- Enhance public awareness and understanding of the critical nature of the period of adolescence and the need to invest in promoting the health, development and well-being of young people.